Dealing with a burst pipe is no joke. It can cause damage to your property and take your fixtures out of commission for the day. There are many reasons why you might encounter a burst pipe. Regardless of the reason, River City Plumbing in Memphis, TN has the right solution for you. We offer personalized fixes to your plumbing issues to make sure we tackle the problem. Our technicians are friendly and courteous so you’ll have a pleasant experience when working with our team.
Dealing with a water line leak? We provide water line leak repair.
What Causes a Burst Pipe?
You can usually avoid having to repair a burst pipe by knowing how to keep it from occurring. There are multiple situations which could cause this to happen and there are even steps you can take to minimize the chances of it happening to you. Here are some common causes of burst pipes:
- Frozen Hose Bib: This is the spigot located outside of your home where you connect your garden hose. If it freezes, there’s a high chance that the water inside your pipe will freeze, leading to a burst pipe.
- Movement: If your pipes are not properly installed, or have moved, you’re at risk of a burst pipe. The joints can become weak and the resulting water damage can break your budget.
- Water Pressure: A sudden increase in water pressure can cause issues with your pipes. Making sure your water pressure is correct is important.
- Corrosion: Corroded pipes become worn down inside, creating leaks and cracks. This can cause your pipes to fail.
How To Keep Your Pipes from Becoming Frozen
There are several steps you can take to prevent catastrophic water damage caused by failure of your pipes. These easy steps are a great way to keep water flowing with ease through your pipes. Our experts can help with winterizing your existing pipes and assist with pipe thawing if you need help today. Our Memphis team has you covered.
- Pipe insulation: Our technicians can install special insulation for your pipes to keep them from freezing over.
- Keep cabinets open: Keeping your cabinets open allows warm air circulating in your home to warm your pipes, preventing them from freezing over.
- Keep faucets dripping: keeping a steady drip can keep water running through your system. This movement makes it more difficult for water to freeze.
Dealing with a blockage? We can help with clogged toilet repair.
Why Work With Us
We have the expertise and tools to keep you from having to deal with a plumbing disaster. When you do, our team is fast, friendly, and courteous to ensure your experience is as seamless as possible. From outside hose bib replacement to repairs, we’re here for you every step of the way. Working with us means enjoying:
- Courteous, friendly technicians
- Knowledge and expertise
- Transparent pricing
- Clean service